Our Lenten theme this is year is Life Transformed: The Way of Love in Lent, a special series created by The Episcopal Church and offered as a way to journey through Lent to embrace the life transforming relationship with God.
If you are looking for a other resources for yourself, family, or friends this Lent, here are a few to choose from:
A selection of resources from around The Episcopal Church.
- Good Shepherd’s own Lenten Reflections for 2019
- Faith Formation for Lent by the Society of St. John the Evangelist, including “”Meeting Jesus in the Gospel of John,” “5 Marks of Love,” :Growing A Rule of Life,” and “It’s Time To …“
- Lent Madness, a fun, engaging way for people to learn about the men and women comprising the Church’s Calendar of Saints
- Way of Love in Lent Calendar
- Episcopal Relief & Development’s 2019 Lenten Meditations
- Creating a Lenten Prayer Space at Home
Building Faith: Lent with Children
A selection of resources compiled by Building Faith, a website with great formation resources for all ages, and other places around The Episcopal Church.
- Way of Love in Lent for Children
- A Lent Giving Calendar for children
- Guiding Teenagers in Lent
- Children’s Stations of the Cross
- Engaging Children in “Meeting Jesus in the Gospel of John” (a companion resource for the Society of St. John the Evangelist’s Lenten study, “Meeting Jesus in the Gospel of John”
- A Prayer for Lent by Anne E. Kitch
God of all mercy, you love all that you have made. You forgive the sins of all who are truly sorry. Create and make in us clean hearts, that we, humbly confessing our sins and knowing our brokenness, may receive your forgiveness and blessing; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen (from The Anglican Family Prayer Book)
- Lenten Books and Devotions for Children & Families